The last two years have transformed the way we all think about work. Millions of employees are now (and still) working from home, while others may have been displaced completely. Reading all the articles about the “The Great Resignation” can surely put us in a funk! According to the Department of Labor, a record 4.5 million American workers quit their jobs in November 2021.
What’s on the other side of this “Great Resignation?” One answer: Jobs!
It’s certainly no secret that so many companies are hiring, including Crossnore. Maybe it’s a great time to think about your work-life balance or how fulfilled you feel with your current career. Is it time to update your resume? When was the last time you felt passionate about your life’s work?
We invite you to consider a career at Crossnore Communities for Children. Whether it’s a behind-the-scenes position, or a direct care residential worker, our 260+ employees assist the children and families we serve, impacting a child’s path in life. It is our goal that every child will find their way home – whatever that looks like. And we all work toward that end. Every employee contributes to our success!
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for individuals who:
- Have a positive attitude
- Are dependable and dedicated
- Openly communicate, and embrace challenging conversations
- Give grace
- Enjoy collaborating with a team
- Strive to continue learning
- Contribute creative solutions
- Are flexible/adapt quickly to change
- Are willing to work with coworkers and youth of all ages, races, nationalities, sexual orientations, gender identities, disabilities, and backgrounds
- Foster diversity and inclusion in the workplace
- Have a passion for serving youth and families and the youth-serving workforce
- Commit to using Sanctuary principles
What does Crossnore offer you?
We are committed to our staff and are proud to provide:
- Defined Contribution Benefits Plan for full-time employees, including options for:
- Health/Dental/Vision Insurance
- All staff enrolled in our medical plan are able to see a mental health provider for a $0 copay
- Life, Short-Term Disability, and Long-Term Disability plans
- Critical Illness and Accident coverage options
- Flexible Spending Plan
- Health/Dental/Vision Insurance
- 401k with employer match (up to 6%)
- Ongoing Training – All employees participate in Sanctuary training, and many of our direct care staff receive no less than 24 hours of training each year.
- Generous PTO and paid holidays
- In-house Clinical Supervision, Financial Support for CEU’s, and License Renewal Fees reimbursement for therapists on staff
- Opportunities to create an impact by serving on agency committees that address training, safety, diversity & inclusion, policy & advocacy, employee engagement, and quality improvement, and more!
Two of our largest teams are Residential and Clinical Services. Did you know that we have more than 70 Cottage Parents that work at Crossnore? Cottage Parents (CP’s for short) work 7 days/nights on and 7 off, managing cottages on our campuses that serve up to 9 children. Their day-to-day roles include meal prep, transportation to school or appointments, managing chore and homework time, and planning special activities for weekends and summer fun. Each Tuesday, CP’s arrive all packed and ready to go for a great week “on” with children in Crossnore’s care.
Another part of care for Residential children includes support from our great group of Case Managers and Therapists. Our licensed therapists also help children in families throughout our community through outpatient appointments, school-based services, and the Day Treatment Program. Associate level Therapists are encouraged to join our team as they work to achieve full licensure. Many have found the clinical supervision and ongoing professional development provided by our agency is a great place to start and continue a meaningful career.
We have multiple openings, and job listings are updated on our website at least weekly. If you feel drawn to helping others and being a dependable role model for children and families, please visit the Careers page on our website today. We’d love to talk to you more about a possible future place in our Crossnore family.