The programs of Crossnore Communities for Children seek to achieve all versions of permanency for children. Adoption is one of these versions of permanency. Families who want to adopt are first licensed as foster parents and then work with our Adoptions team to finalize an adoption.
- All families are licensed as foster families and must be willing to foster children before finalizing adoption.
- We find families for children based on family strengths and preferences.
- Children of all ages are in need, particularly teens and sibling groups.
- An experienced staff team will train and support you.
- Crossnore will complete the necessary home study which will enable you to adopt.
- The State of North Carolina assists with some adoption expenses.
- Post-adoption services are provided for additional support.
“There are no unwanted children, just unfound families.” – National Adoption Center