A Safe and Supportive Learning Environment for All Children
Opening August 2025.
We are now hiring our School Principal. For a full job description and to apply, click HERE.
The Crossnore Community Charter School in Winston-Salem is being designed to provide a safe and supportive learning environment for all children, particularly those who have experienced trauma. Our staff will understand that trauma can have a significant impact on a child’s ability to learn, and provide a culture of respect and support that encourages open communication, clear behavior expectations, sensitivity to the feelings and emotions of others, and improved academic performance.
Some of the ways we plan to support students include:
- Creating a safe and supportive environment where students feel comfortable and respected. This includes providing a predictable and consistent schedule, as well as clear rules and expectations.
- Providing social-emotional learning opportunities to help students develop the skills they need to cope with trauma and stress. This includes teaching students about emotions, how to manage their emotions, and how to build positive relationships.
- Providing individualized support to meet the needs of each student. This may include providing counseling, tutoring, or other specialized services.
Charter School Benefits
There will be many benefits to attending Crossnore’s trauma-informed school. We will help students:
- Feel safe and supported, which can lead to improved academic performance and social-emotional well-being.
- Build positive relationships with peers and teachers, which can lead to improved self-esteem and confidence.
- Reduce stress, which can lead to improved concentration and focus.
- Succeed in school which can lead to improved opportunities for the future.
The school will be located in two existing buildings on the Winston-Salem campus. Renovations will begin on the school buildings in Spring of 2024.