Careers at Crossnore
Join us in one of our satisfying careers in any of our three locations – our 86-acre campus nestled in the Blue Ridge Mountain town of Crossnore, NC, our 212-acre campus on the edge of downtown Winston-Salem, NC, or our office located in the historic district of downtown Hendersonville, NC. At each location, you can help provide a safe, healing, stable, home for our children.
To learn more about Crossnore and our programs and services, please watch the video below.
Professional cottage parents are the heart of the homes we provide for children at Crossnore. We are always recruiting married couples and individuals who exhibit the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below to live and work with our residential children.
Working at Crossnore
Meet the Team
Meet Jules Goff, a case manager on our Avery campus. Jules has been with Crossnore for three months and says their favorite part of the job is building trusting relationships with the kids and working with the awesome Avery Residential team.
Crossnore School & Children’s Home offers a limited number of unpaid Clinical Internships on our Avery Campus in Crossnore, NC and on our Winston Campus in Winston-Salem, NC. Interns are considered for Clinical, Medical, or Non-Clinical internship opportunities. Internship placements are typically limited to normal business hours, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday. Click HERE to see available opportunities and to apply online.
- Priority is given to Master’s Level students pursuing degrees in Counseling, Social Work, and Marriage and Family Counseling. Bachelor’s Level students may also be considered based on availability.
- Clinical placements are typically limited to no more than 30 placement hours per week.
- Clinical Interns may obtain experience in a variety of settings, including: Outpatient Clinic, Case Management, Youth Transitioning to Adulthood, Foster Care and Adoptions, and Group Foster Care.
- Typical intern learning opportunities vary based on degree. Interns may gain experience providing or observing individual, family, and group counseling, complete assessments and intakes, develop individual service plans, document services, complete and score standardized assessments (such as the SDQ), make referrals, and case consultation.
- Intern applicants are typically reviewed in February (Summer Semester), April (Fall Semester), and September (Spring Semester).
BENEFITS OF A CAREER WITH CROSSNORE SCHOOL & CHILDREN’S HOME
- Helping children build healthy lives and overcome trauma
- Competitive salaries and benefits
- Medical, dental, vision, life, and short-term and long-term disability insurances.
- 401(k) with a company match and profit sharing contributions
- Generous PTO policy
- Continuing education assistance
- Ongoing job-specific training
If you feel drawn to helping others and being a dependable role model for children, connect with us and learn how you can contribute to our organization.
Crossnore School & Children’s Home is committed to the principles of equal employment. We are committed to complying with all federal, state, and local laws providing equal employment opportunities, and all other employment laws and regulations. It is our intent to maintain a work environment which is free of harassment, discrimination, or retaliation because of age (40 and over), race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation, and related medical conditions), physical or mental disability, genetic information (including testing and characteristics), veteran status, uniformed service member status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local laws. Crossnore is dedicated to the fulfillment of this policy in regards to all aspects of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, placement, transfer, training, promotion, rates of pay, and other compensation, termination, and all other terms, conditions, and privileges of employment.