How CTRC meets its mission:
- Using the current science of trauma resilience and organizational development, we move people from information to action.
- We work with leaders to build a trauma-responsive and trauma resilient culture which helps to decrease burnout and turnover, increase compassion and accountability, and improve overall organizational health and effectiveness.
- Workforce development begins with helping the “helpers” build resilience to chronic stress and exposure to secondary trauma while supporting leaders to implement structures for safety, self-care, and wellness.
- Organizational capacity is built by developing internal trainers who help change the culture through our Train the Trainer curriculum, coaching, and certification.
- Customized approaches fit your specific needs and help you move from trauma theory to creating trauma resilience.
Why we do this:
- Trauma has a powerful impact on individuals, organizations, communities, and entire systems.
- Organizations are impacted by chronic stress and organizational trauma and can become toxic environments that add more adverse experiences to those they serve, rather than being healing environments.
- Such a working environment may have a detrimental effect on the care providers, leading to compassion fatigue, vicarious and secondary trauma, and burnout.
- Our goal is to build trauma-responsive organizations that share trauma knowledge, understanding, language, practices, values, commitments, and culture.
Our model is flexible and customized for any audience based on your particular needs. CTRC can provide:
- Keynote Addresses
- Introduction to Trauma & Resilience
- Introduction to ACEs
- Trauma 101
- Compassion Fatigue to Compassion Satisfaction Training
- Organization and Community Readiness Assessments
- Cultural Mapping
- Collaboration Mapping
- Community Engagement Processes
- Intensive Train-the-Trainer Workshops
- Ongoing Consultation and Technical Assistance