Homebuilders Family Preservation
Crossnore is excited to be the first agency in North Carolina trained to offer Homebuilders® services. Homebuilders® is the oldest, most studied evidence-based Intensive Family Preservation Service (IFPS) in the United States. Our Practitioners work with families involved with the child protective services system with the goal of removing the risk of harm to the child instead of removing the child. The program gives families the chance to learn new behaviors and helps them make better choices for their children.
Highlights of the Homebuilders® program:
- Our Practitioners work with children, birth to 17-years-old, who are involved with child protective services and at imminent risk of out-of-home placement.
- Child safety is ensured through small caseloads and program intensity.
- Services are available 24 hours a day.
- Parent(s)/caregiver(s) meet with a Practitioner three to five times a week, for a total of approximately 40 hours, during a 4- to 6-week period.
- Recent studies show that six months after successful termination of Homebuilders® services, 86% of children have avoided placement in state-funded foster care, residential group care or psychiatric institutions, and remained safely in their homes.
- Crossnore is committed to providing high quality, evidence-based prevention services to help children stay with their families wherever possible. It is our goal to meet or exceed 86% of children avoiding out-of-home placement.