Residential Care

Crossnore School & Children’s Home admits residential children in two ways. The first is through the Department of Social Services and the Department of Juvenile Justice Systems. If you are a government agency and are interested in placing a child with Crossnore School & Children’s Home, please complete the appropriate application below.

The second type of admission is for Private Placements. Private Placements are children that are currently living with a parent and/or legal custodian and are in need of possible out of home placement. If you are interested in placing a child with us and have utilized other resources, such as your local Department of Social Service agency, intensive in-home services or counseling, but are in need of further assistance, please fill out the appropriate application below. Once this application is received, the intake specialist will contact the legal custodian about a possible interview.

Children who come to live at Crossnore School & Children’s Home live in one of 19 campus cottages, with live-in cottage parents. Cottage parents serve in a 7 day on/7 day off rotation. This relationship model allows our children learn to build healthy relationships, while receiving the support they need to make progress towards reaching their own goals.

For students who live with us into high school, we offer the Stepping Stones program. This program recognizes and rewards students who have made enough progress toward independence to live with minimal supervision. Click HERE for more information about the Stepping Stones program.

To see our current residential needs lists, please click on the links below:

Back-to-School Needs 2017

Dress for Success 2017

For more information about admissions to our Residential program, please contact:

In Crossnore, NC and surrounding areas:

Bet Levine, Director of Case Management
(828) 733-4305

In Winston-Salem, NC and surrounding areas:

Debbie Dean, Admissions Specialist
(336) 721-7600

Application for Admission