I want to become a Foster Parent
Below is a brief overview of foster parenting at Crossnore. To the right is a short video about our program and other links that take you to a Program Overview, FAQ, Licensing Specialists, and Upcoming Classes.
We invite you to complete the inquiry form by clicking the Contact Us button on the right and a Licensing Specialist will contact you.
Ready to apply? Begin your foster parent application by clicking the Start Your Foster Parenting Journey Here button to the right.
You can be a foster parent if you are:
- Committed and able to help kids who have experienced trauma.
- At least 21 years of age and a legal resident of the United States.
- Single, married, or coupled, and financially stable.
- Willing to attend FREE pre-service training meetings
Types of Foster Parenting:
- Family Foster Parent
- Fostering children who have had adverse childhood experiences for as long as they need to be in care.
- Respite Foster Parent
- Providing relief care for a child in foster care. Respite care may last one night, over a weekend, or for as long as 30 days.
- Therapeutic Foster Parent
- Fostering children who have had adverse childhood experiences and who have a higher need of care that requires additional training.
Crossnore School & Children’s Home will provide:
- Training and support from a dedicated staff person.
- A room and board stipend to assist with the child’s needs.
- On-call support, 24/7.
- Support groups and other ways to connect to a fostering community network.
- Continuing educational opportunities.