Crossnore School & Children’s Home needs families who want to adopt through the Child Welfare Division of the Department of Health & Human Services. These families will provide permanency, safety, and love to a child or a sibling group in need.
“There are no unwanted children, just unfound families.” – National Adoption Center
- We find families for children based on family strengths and preferences.
- Children of all ages are in need, particularly teens and sibling groups.
- An experienced staff team will train and support you.
- Crossnore will complete the necessary home study which will enable you to adopt.
- Adoptive parents are first licensed as foster parents and are able to care for children in foster care prior to a finalized adoption.
- The State of North Carolina assists with some adoption expenses.
- Post-adoption services are provided for additional support.
- Interested families can visit with a child or children before deciding to adopt.
- There are hundreds of children available for adoption in North Carolina.
- There are hundreds of children in foster care who are moving toward adoption in North Carolina.
- Children receive Medicaid until the age of 18.
- Children may continue to receive a monthly stipend for expenses after an adoption.
- An adoption tax benefit is available through the IRS (consult your tax advisor).